Your host is where your site will live.
Your website will need to be stored on the Internet so that anyone can view your site at any time. With this in mind, you want a reliable host so that your website is always up and running.
What do you need from a host?
- Great support and customer service! A great hosting company can be accessed 24/7 by phone, email and live chat. Being able to access your host is essential. I have run into some host that can only be accessed via email and others who have very long phone wait times.
- Uptime reliability. This is the time in which your site is fully operational.
- Security features needed. Make sure your host provides daily backups, spam protection, and user authentication.
My personal starting choice is BlueHost. I have used others but have found BlueHost to be the most reliable and for me, they seem to have the best customer support. There was a time when I did steer away from BlueHost because of long wait times but now I can be on the phone with them in minutes. But………
If you have a more robust site I do recommend Jay (I sub-contract to Jay for my clients). So you will still have my services but have a dedicated hosting partner.
- Jays back-bone servers.
- High-speed internet hosting tuned for WordPress
- Weekly back-ups
- Weekly plugin and theme updates as needed
- Weekly security scan
- Five email accounts per hosting site ($5 per month more for five more email accounts).
- $50 monthly charge per hosting account
- The best part is Jay is very quick and responsive if any needs arise.
With this option, we take the worry out of day to day concerns that your website is performing properly. We will host your site and make sure all the parts are updated and working. We’ll back your site up in case there’s a problem. Simply put, you’ll never have to worry about your website.